Independent university talks for your school groups
As well as offering award-winning university event resources, UniTasterDays also deliver informative, interactive and independent university talks for your students.
These university talks are created to meet your own requirements, and are delivered by university experts, who will be graduates with at least ten years’ experience working at a university. They are fully insured, with full DBS disclosure, and a wealth of references available to you.
The sessions are also fully evaluated for you. This data can be used as an evidence base in terms of the impact of this intervention for school improvement purposes and Ofsted inspections.
The motivational talks are created to meet the needs of the year group the session is for, and will include an introduction to university and university courses, university fees and finance, personal statements, the UCAS university application process, and the importance of making future key stage 4 and key stage 5 subject options with university in mind (if applicable for the year group).
Talks are available for large year groups, or as smaller seminars, and they will include relevant and interactive games and group exercises.
A press release can also be sent to your local press after the session, so you benefit from some great publicity as well. See an example HERE.
These IAG sessions will demonstrate the provision of impartial independent careers guidance in relation to university opportunities for your school (as stipulated by the Education Act 2011).
Interested? Cost and next steps:
Bespoke session fees start from £350 plus VAT and you will find a current list of our sessions below.
As talks require us to travel nationwide, an email to Jon Cheek, our university talks lead [email protected] is generally the best way to arrange these sessions, but do feel free to call 0208 798 0982 if you would prefer to discuss your session in person.
It would be very helpful if you could provide the year group you would like to cover, a rough idea of the date you were hoping for, and any special requirements you have. We will then arrange for a no obligation quote and session brief to be sent over to you for consideration.
For your students (all 45 minute – 1 hour sessions)
- YOU-ni7: The key university facts for Year 7’s
- YOU-ni8: The key university facts for Year 8’s
- YOU-ni9: The key university facts for Year 9’s
- YOU-ni10: The key university facts for Year 10’s
- YOU-ni11: The key university facts for Year 11’s
- Ready, steady, apply: Application support for Year 12’s
- Subject right KS4: How to pick GCSE options with university in mind
- Subject right KS5: How to pick A-Level (or equivalent) options with university in mind
- But doesn’t it cost loads? Student finance for years 10, 11 or 12
- Let’s get personal: Personal statement tips for years 11 or 12
For your staff (session length to meet your scheduling requirements)
- A Teachers introduction to university – the recent sector changes explained. This session includes a free copy of our Teacher’s Guide to University brochure for all attendees.
For parents of students (30 minute session for parents evenings)
- Informing the influencers: The key university facts for parents
- UniTasterDays.com Talk or a Stand at a Parents/Presentation Evening