This session delivered in your school will look at how to be confident and how to confidently speak in front of people. Participate in activities focusing on confidence and public speaking with top tips of how to conquer interviews, presentations and networking situations.
PLEASE NOTE: This event is only available to certain schools
To check your school qualifies click here
, find your school by name and then search for this event.
If this event is not listed, then your school is not eligible for this event.
Full Event Details:
This hour session delivered in your school will focus on developing confidence skills and how to confidently speak in front of audiences. Master the vital skills you will need as you progress through college and university and learn how to present yourself in a range of professional environments.
The session can be tailored for students from Year 9 – 13. This session is an hour of practical learning and exercises to boost young people’s confidence looking at mind set and body language.
9 - 13
2, 4, 7, 8
Learning Objectives (Linked to the Aimhigher Plus Progression Framework Learning Outcomes):
• Have an awareness of the learning environment in HE and student life (Ac 3.1)
• Feel motivated and confident to succeed in school (As 3.1)
• Make a successful transition to post-16 (Ac 4.1)
• Recognise the skills and qualifications required for chosen HE pathway (Aw 5.1)
• Develop the commitment and study skills to perform well (At 4.2)
• Prepared for a successful transition to HE study and life as a student (Ac 5.2)http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Progression-Framework.pdf
20 (50% or no less than the school's % of learners must be Aimhigher Plus)
Our cancellation policy applies. Visit this website below for more information: http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/aimhigher-plus/events-and-activities/
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 4 (Students aged 14-16)
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 5 (Students aged 16-18)
We can deliver this event at your school or college. Please contact us
to arrange a date.
Minimum number of students: