Through a range of interactive activities students will explore the variety of careers available within the engineering sector and hear about JLR’s alternative routes to higher education and beyond through information about Apprenticeship and Graduate opportunities.
PLEASE NOTE: This event is only available to certain schools
To check your school qualifies click here
, find your school by name and then search for this event.
If this event is not listed, then your school is not eligible for this event.
Full Event Details:
An opportunity for students interested in Engineering and related subjects to gain an insight into JLR, including a tour of their Engine Manufacturing Centre. Students will meet different professionals within varied roles within the JLR company and will learn about pathways to engineering careers. Students will be taking part in interactive activities to practice essential skills needed to succeed within engineering.
2, 4, 5, 6
Learning Objectives (Linked to the Aimhigher Plus Progression Framework Learning Outcomes):
- Recognise that HE is complex and competitive, offering learners great choice and requiring active and informed decision-making (Ap 3.1)
- Understand the necessity of HE for progression to certain careers (Aw 4.2)
- Recognise different HE pathways and options (e.g. FT/PT, home or away etc) (Aw 4.4)
- Recognising the various entry requirements and routes to HE (Ap 4.1)
- Identification and application to a post 16 option (Ap 4.2)http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Progression-Framework.pdf
10 (at least 50% of learners must be Aimhigher Plus)
Our cancellation policy applies. Visit this website below for more information: http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/aimhigher-plus/events-and-activities/
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 4 (Students aged 14-16)
This event is delivered at our institution on the following date(s):
19th May 2021
Minimum number of students: