40 year 9 students have the opportunity to take part in a 2 night, 3 day residential spanning across both Birmingham and Liverpool focused on developing the social, intellectual and cultural capital of our young people.
PLEASE NOTE: This event is only available to certain schools
To check your school qualifies click here
, find your school by name and then search for this event.
If this event is not listed, then your school is not eligible for this event.
Full Event Details:
It has been repeatedly identified that a lack of cultural capital is a barrier to young people accessing Higher Education and making informed and aspirational decisions about their educational and employment future. This residential will expose them with opportunities to meet professionals from elite careers, including medicine, law and journalism, travel to a new city and experience a range of cultural experiences and experience what it’s like to study at a UK university. By meeting students from other schools across the region, and living on Aston University’s campus, students will also develop their independence and build their confidence to step out of their comfort zone and take new opportunities.
2, 4, 5, 6, 7
Learning Objectives (Linked to the Aimhigher Plus Progression Framework Learning Outcomes):
- Feel motivated and confident to succeed in school (As 3.1)
- Recognise and understand the full range of options available in Key Stage 4 and / or post 16 and HE (Aw 3.1)
- Recognise the importance of succeeding at school (At 3.1)
- Recognise that HE is complex and competitive, offering learners great choice and requiring active and informed decision-making (Ap 3.1)
- Have an awareness of the learning environment in HE and student life (Ac 3.1)
- Feel motivated and confident to progress to post 16 option (As 4.1)
- Recognise how post 16 choices impact on future progression (Aw 4.1)
- Recognition of the opportunities that may arise from attending HE (Ac 4.2)http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Progression-Framework.pdf
36 (at least 50% of learners must be Aimhigher Plus)
Our cancellation policy applies. Visit this website below for more information: http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/aimhigher-plus/events-and-activities/
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 3 (Students aged 11-14)
This event is delivered at our institution on the following date(s):
6th July 2021
7th July 2021
8th July 2021
Minimum number of students: