A mini lecture delivered in schools by academics. This session gets students to consider a 'hard case', that is a legal question which has no single obvious answer. A real life case.
PLEASE NOTE: This event is only available to certain schools
To check your school qualifies click here
, find your school by name and then search for this event.
If this event is not listed, then your school is not eligible for this event.
Full Event Details:
This class looks at the real life case of a bus driver who was sacked because he was elected to represent a racist political party and who then tried to claim that he was the victim of racial discrimination. Students will be shown how to compare their own interpretation of the law with that of the judges in the case.
The session will be delivered as a 1 hour mini lecture in schools.
10, 11, 12, 13
2, 4, 5 and 7.
Learning Objectives (Linked to the Aimhigher Plus Progression Framework Learning Outcomes):
- To support the learner to feel motivated and confident (As 3.1)
- Recognise the importance of succeeding at school (At 3.1)
- Recognise that GCSE and post 16 qualifications are required to access HE (At 3.2)
- Recognise how post 16 choices impact on future progression (Aw 4.1)
- Understand the necessity of HE for progression to certain careers (Aw 4.2)
- Recognition of the opportunities that may arise from attending HE (Ac 4.2)
- Recognise the skills and qualifications required for chosen HE pathway (Aw 5.1)
- Identify the potential career options following participation in HE (Aw 5.3)http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Progression-Framework.pdf
50 (50-75% of learners must be Aimhigher Plus)
Our cancellation policy applies. Visit this website below for more information: http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/aimhigher-plus/events-and-activities/
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 4 (Students aged 14-16)
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 5 (Students aged 16-18)
We can deliver this event at your school or college. Please contact us
to arrange a date.
Minimum number of students: