The University of Southampton is running a 4-day, 3-night Easter residential event designed to ease the transition between Further and Higher Education. Year 12 students can learn more about health related subjects we and the University of Portsmouth have to offer our undergraduate students.
Full Event Details:
FE2HE offers a unique opportunity to experience student life at the University of Southampton. You will experience a range of different undergraduate courses relating to health professions and be allocated a University mentor to support you.
All costs related to FE2HE will be met by the University of Southampton. This includes accommodation and food (full board), all trips, activities, and travel to and from the University (up to £50 per person). FE2HE is part of the wider outreach programme undertaken by the University of Southampton.
Am I eligible?
Learn with US is aimed at gifted and talented students from non-traditional backgrounds. In order to qualify for a place on FE2HE, you need to satisfy at least two of the following criteria:
• First in your immediate family to pursue Higher Education
• Have attended a secondary school which achieved less than the national average 5 A to C passes (including English and Maths) at GCSE in 2012, please check with your tutor if unsure
• Living or grew up in public care
•Studies affected or disrupted by circumstances in your personal, social or domestic life
• In receipt of a 16-19 bursary or similar grant
When shortlisting potential applicants we will be looking for the following qualities:
• Motivation to pursue a career in a health related profession
• Motivation to study in Higher Education
• Studying the correct qualifications to apply
• A suitable reference from college or sixth form
To apply you will need to complete all sections of the application form. Your application to FE2HE will need to be supported by a tutor from your college and your parents/carers. Our application form can be found via our website.
The deadline for applications is 11th February 2013
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 5 (Students aged 16-18)
Minimum number of students: