The languages offered are French, German, and Spanish. In each language, we are offering two back-to-back (i.e. repeat) workshops giving students learning two languages the option of booking a workshop in both.
The events are part of the Routes into Languages initiative and are hosted by the Department. Each two-day workshop costs £30 and comprises 2x4 hours of teaching time.
The workshops are not syllabus revision workshops, but are aimed to encourage learners to apply their language skills in different contexts and use them flexibly. We are aiming to increase students’ confidence and fluency.
Each workshop is offered over two half days (Saturdays: 10.00 – 2.30), focusing on a mixture of listening, speaking, reading and writing activities. The classes are interactive and aim to encourage natural language production in a variety of scenarios. All workshops are delivered by experienced native speakers.
• The workshops look at common grammar points, vocabulary expansion and practical language use, such as role plays, comprehension tasks or writing in context.
• These events are hands-on sessions, giving students an opportunity to work with languages in real-life situations and practise key skills.
• We can only accept a maximum of 20 students per language / workshop. Only one group per language will be available, so book early to avoid disappointment.
• Unfortunately, we are not able to accept large school bookings, as availability is limited (please enquire).
Please note that you cannot book individual days (such as one day on Workshop 1 and one on Workshop 2) and / or mix languages for the same two-day slot, i.e. you cannot book one day of French and one of German.
For informal queries and booking form, please contact Dr Manuela von Papen m.[email protected]
but please note that we are unable to accept email or telephone enquiries. Bookings can only be made by post.
Workshops for all four languages will take place on the following dates:
Workshop 1*: Saturday 22 February and Saturday 1 March
Workshop 2*: Saturday 8 March and Saturday 15 March
* Please note you can either book Workshop 1 or Workshop 2 in the same language, but not both.
Each two-day workshop costs £30 and comprises 2x4 hours of teaching time.