About the Royal Agricultural University (RAU)
At the RAU we’re excited to work with schools, colleges, students and teachers to raise awareness of university study and support students in their progression.
As a university we offer degrees in Business, Equine, Rural Land Management, Real Estate, Environment, Wildlife and Agriculture. Our students are at the heart of everything we do and it shows. We were ranked in the top 10 in both the University of the Year category and the Job Prospects category at the Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2020 for the second year running. These prestigious awards are based on the views of students themselves.
Students on every course can take part in our award-winning enterprise programme where they can develop their entrepreneurial skills. In 2019, the RAU became the sixth University in the UK to become an IOEE (Institute of Enterprise and Entrepreneurship) Centre of Excellence and in 2020 was shortlisted in the Outstanding Entrepreneurial University Category at the Times Higher Education Awards.
We’re excited to showcase university study and what the RAU has to offer through a range of activities and events.
We work with schools and colleges across the country delivering a range of outreach activities and raising aspirations workshops. These activities may include:
- Attendance at careers/HE fairs
- Presentations to students and/or parents about the RAU
- University awareness and aspiration raising workshops
- Presentations and workshops to students and/or parents about higher education (example topics could include: benefits of HE, UCAS applications, personal statements, making HE choices, student finance and student life)
- Subject taster days (example topics could include: business and entrepreneurship, equine management and science, real estate, rural land management, agriculture, food and environment)
- Annual Year 10 and Year 12 summer residential
- Open days
- Annual teacher and adviser conference
A day in the life of an RAU student