LJMU | MNCO – Creative Arts Project 2016 (Music Dance Drama Art & Design)
We are currently looking for up to 90 students (Year’s 10 & 11) from across Merseyside to take part in the Liverpool John Moores University | Merseyside Network for Collaborative Outreach – Creative Arts Project 2016.
The LJMU | MNCO – Creative Arts Project 2016 (Music, Dance, Drama, Art & Design) is a unique opportunity for students in Year’s 10 and 11 to gain hands on experience of studying a creative arts subjects at university level.
This project will run over 3 consecutive days from 13th –15th April 2016 (over the Easter break) and will be hosted at Liverpool Hope University’s Creative Campus. The aim of the project is for students to gain an invaluable insight into university life through inspirational activities from the creative arts, presenting higher education as an exciting future prospect.
• 3 day project - (The sessions will run: 10am - 3pm)
• Wednesday 13th – Friday 15th April 2016 (Over the Easter break)
• Located within Liverpool Hope University’s Creative Campus (Shaw street, Liverpool, L6 1HP)
• Students will be taught by both graduates and current students from the creative arts industry.
• The project is FREE for all students, with lunch included and materials provided each day.
• On the final day (Fri 15th April) parents/guardians and supporting staff will be invited into the Grand Hall at Liverpool Hope University, for a celebratory presentation which will showcase the works of the students over the three day period. Refreshments will be provided.
• Students must submit their applications; specifying which area of the arts they would like to study over the 3 day course (Music, Dance, Drama or Art & Design).
• Actively getting involved in project such as this, looks great on student’s college and UCAS Applications.
The project will also give students the opportunity to ask current students and university staff questions about the courses on offer and career prospects.
The Application Process:
In order to gain a place on the project students will need to submit a short online Application Form downloadable via the LJMU website: http://www.ljmu.ac.uk/creativeartsproject
| ‘ LJMU MNCO Creative Arts Project ’
We ask that all students submit their own application with the support of a parent or guardian.
Students and parents/guardians of successful applicants will then be contacted with additional information regarding the project. Those who have been unsuccessful will also be notified.
[ Deadline for applications is Wednesday 6th April 2016 (by 6pm) ]
RE: Travel arrangements:
PLEASE NOTE: Students are expected to make their own way to and from the Creative Campus, however any students who do require travel arrangements are free to contact us once they have secured a place upon the project, in order for us to make the necessary arrangements.
For more information regarding the Merseyside Network for Collaborative Outreach (MNCO) visit http://www.mnco.org.uk
Thank you again for your continued support.
Holly Xian Nicholls (Project Co-Ordinator)
LJMU Outreach Team
Student Recruitment & Admission[email protected]
0151 904 6144