Bring your students on-campus to inspire them to pursue a career in Health and Social Care. Our visit days are filled with practical activities and talks from current students and staff, so your students get a feel for studying at university and how Derby can help make their dreams real.
Full Event Details:
Our events are filled with practical sessions and inspiring talks, and we can work with you to develop your visit day based on the timings and content that works best for you.
You can mix and match a variety of sessions on your visit day, including:
- Academic-led masterclasses and taster sessions
- Student Ambassador-led campus tours
- Student Ambassador Q&A panel
- Alumni talks, to hear from graduates on how they made their dreams real
- Information, advice and guidance sessions
Below is an example of a Health and Social Care: Making it Real event, to give a flavour of what we can offer based on a 4-hour visit.
- Welcome talk, including information about how to apply for health and social care courses
- An Academic masterclass such as The Nursing Escape Room, What it's like to be a Diagnostic Radiographer, and The different touchpoints of Health, Social and Community Work
- Extended tour of our facilities, including our NHS Mock Ward, Immersive Interactive Simulation Suite, Rehabilitation Kitchen and Diagnostic Imaging Suite
- Careers in Health and Social Care talk
- Student Q&A panel with current undergraduate students
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 5 (Students aged 16-18)
This event is delivered at our institution. Please contact us
to arrange a date.
Minimum number of students: