This workshop delivered in school will be a fun and practical introduction to Applied Theatre - the course that explores making drama in schools and community centres, prisons and hospital.
PLEASE NOTE: This event is only available to certain schools
To check your school qualifies click here
, find your school by name and then search for this event.
If this event is not listed, then your school is not eligible for this event.
Full Event Details:
This workshop will be a fun and practical introduction to Applied Theatre - the course that explores making drama in schools and community centres, prisons and hospital. Through some games and drama exercises, we will get a taste of some of the ways our students work to create original and important new theatre.
Drama lessons, assemblies or careers days - current students to deliver - A practical introduction to Applied Theatre and related possible degrees
10, 11, 12, 13
2, 4, 5, 7
Learning Objectives (Linked to the Aimhigher Plus Progression Framework Learning Outcomes):
• Feel motivated and confident to succeed in school (As 3.1)
• Recognise the importance of succeeding at school (At 3.1)
• Recognise that GCSE and post 16 qualifications are required to access HE (At 3.2)
• Recognise how post 16 choices impact on future progression (Aw 4.1)
• Understand the necessity of HE for progression to certain careers (Aw 4.2)
• Recognition of the opportunities that may arise from attending HE (Ac 4.2)
• Recognise the skills and qualifications required for chosen HE pathway (Aw 5.1)
• Identify the potential career options following participation in HE (Aw 5.3)http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Progression-Framework.pdf
25 (50% of learners must be Aimhigher Plus)
Our cancellation policy applies. Visit this website below for more information: http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/aimhigher-plus/events-and-activities/
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 3 (Students aged 11-14)
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 4 (Students aged 14-16)
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 5 (Students aged 16-18)
We can deliver this event at your school or college. Please contact us
to arrange a date.
Minimum number of students: