Students will take part in discussions and group activity to see if they would make a good eye witness and see why people make mistakes and the impact.
PLEASE NOTE: This event is only available to certain schools
To check your school qualifies click here
, find your school by name and then search for this event.
If this event is not listed, then your school is not eligible for this event.
Full Event Details:
Students would be shown a video clip showing someone stealing something. The students will be split into groups of 3-4 and asked to describe the offender. Each group outlines what they think. The whole group are then presented with a line-up of potential suspects and asked to identify the offender. Tot up how many are correct. Group discussion about why people make mistakes and the impact this has on eyewitness testimony/court.
Can be delivered in school.
10, 11, 12, 13
2, 4, 5, 7
Learning Objectives (Linked to the Aimhigher Plus Progression Framework Learning Outcomes):
- Feel motivated and confident to succeed in school (As 3.1)
- Recognise the importance of succeeding at school (At 3.1)
- Recognise that GCSE and post 16 qualifications are required to access HE (At 3.2)
- Recognise how post 16 choices impact on future progression (Aw 4.1)
- Understand the necessity of HE for progression to certain careers (Aw 4.2)
- Recognition of the opportunities that may arise from attending HE (Ac 4.2)
- Recognise the skills and qualifications required for chosen HE pathway (Aw 5.1)
- Identify the potential career options following participation in HE (Aw 5.3)http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Progression-Framework.pdf
50 (at least 50% of learners must be Aimhigher Plus)
Our cancellation policy applies. Visit this website below for more information: http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/aimhigher-plus/events-and-activities/
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 4 (Students aged 14-16)
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 5 (Students aged 16-18)
This event is delivered online
Minimum number of students: