Many will argue that control over populations is the reason for democracies defeating the coronavirus. We will explore the challenges faced by the British police in implementing control measures, including lack of resources, unwillingness in the force to implement such actions and avoiding a dangerous legacy within the community.
PLEASE NOTE: This event is only available to certain schools
To check your school qualifies click here
, find your school by name and then search for this event.
If this event is not listed, then your school is not eligible for this event.
Full Event Details:
Many will argue that control over populations is the reason for democracies defeating the coronavirus. China’s tough emergency response has been commended and implemented in many other countries, including Britain with the introduction of the ‘Coronavirus Act’. This grants police powers of control that have not been adopted before, unlike China who are already known for controlling the public through a vast array of security systems. In this mini lecture we will explore the challenges faced by the British police in implementing such control measures, including lack of resources, unwillingness in the force to implement such actions and avoiding a dangerous legacy within the community.
Can be delivered in school.
10, 11, 12, 13
2, 4, 5, 7
Learning Objectives (Linked to the Aimhigher Plus Progression Framework Learning Outcomes):
- Feel motivated and confident to succeed in school (As 3.1)
- Recognise the importance of succeeding at school (At 3.1)
- Recognise that GCSE and post 16 qualifications are required to access HE (At 3.2)
- Recognise how post 16 choices impact on future progression (Aw 4.1)
- Understand the necessity of HE for progression to certain careers (Aw 4.2)
- Recognition of the opportunities that may arise from attending HE (Ac 4.2)
- Recognise the skills and qualifications required for chosen HE pathway (Aw 5.1)
- Identify the potential career options following participation in HE (Aw 5.3)http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Progression-Framework.pdf
50 (at least 50% of learners must be Aimhigher Plus)
Our cancellation policy applies. Visit this website below for more information: http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/aimhigher-plus/events-and-activities/
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 4 (Students aged 14-16)
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 5 (Students aged 16-18)
This event is delivered online
Minimum number of students: