This interactive and exciting event provides pupils with a hands on opportunity to learn about possible future career paths and educational pathways. Pupils will take part in exciting workshops, tour UCB and learn about different career and university options related to their studies.
PLEASE NOTE: This event is only available to certain schools
To check your school qualifies click here
, find your school by name and then search for this event.
If this event is not listed, then your school is not eligible for this event.
Full Event Details:
From Public Health to Baby Massage and even Crime Scene Analysis. This interactive and exciting event provides pupils with a hands on opportunity to learn about possible future career paths and educational pathways. Pupils will take part in exciting workshops led by lecturers, have a tour of UCB and learn about different career and university options related to their current studies. Pupils will meet current students to learn more about university life and to remove any potential barriers to HE study.
9, 10, 11, 12, 13
2, 4, 7
Learning Objectives (Linked to the Aimhigher Plus Progression Framework Learning Outcomes):
For Y9/10 events:
· Feel motivated and confident to succeed in school (As 3.1)
· Recognise the importance of succeeding at school (At 3.1)
· Recognise that GCSE and post 16 qualifications are required to access HE (At 3.2)
· Recognise and understand the full range of options available in Key Stage 4 and / or post 16 and HE (Aw 3.1)
· Recognise that HE is complex and competitive, offering learners great choice and requiring active and informed decision-making (Ap 3.1)
· Have an awareness of the learning environment in HE and student life (Ac 3.1)
For Y11/12/13 events:
· Understand the necessity of HE for progression to certain careers (Aw 4.2)
· Recognition of the opportunities that may arise from attending HE (Ac 4.2)
· Feel motivated and confident to succeed at Higher Education (As 5.1)
· Identify the potential career options following participation in HE (Aw 5.3)
· Feel motivated and confident to progress to post 16 option (As 4.1)
· Understand the significance of the choices made (Ap 5.2)http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Progression-Framework.pdf
30 (at least 50% of learners must be Aimhigher Plus)
Our cancellation policy applies. Visit this website below for more information: http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/aimhigher-plus/events-and-activities/
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 4 (Students aged 14-16)
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 5 (Students aged 16-18)
This event is delivered at our institution on the following date(s):
8th June 2021
29th June 2021
13th July 2021
Minimum number of students: