Want your pupils to explore the vocational opportunities available to them after school? This series of webinars considers both university and apprenticeships as next steps, with sessions focussed on making that next step, the right one.
PLEASE NOTE: This event is only available to certain schools
To check your school qualifies click here
, find your school by name and then search for this event.
If this event is not listed, then your school is not eligible for this event.
Full Event Details:
This series of Live Webinars hosted by an Aimhigher member of staff explores the range of vocational options available to your students. We will include perspectives from, University students, employees and apprentices - all working and studying in a vocational subject area. With plenty of time to interact and ask questions, this is a great opportunity for any year group to explore vocational qualifications and careers.
9, 10, 11, 12, 13
2, 3, 5, 7, 8
Learning Objectives (Linked to the Aimhigher Plus Progression Framework Learning Outcomes):
· Recognise the importance of succeeding at school (At 3.1)
· Recognise that GCSE and post 16 qualifications are required to access HE (At 3.2)
· Recognise how post 16 choices impact on future progression (Aw 4.1)
· Understand the necessity of HE for progression to certain careers (Aw 4.2)
· Recognition of the opportunities that may arise from attending HE (Ac 4.2)
· Identify the potential career options following participation in HE (Aw 5.3)
· Recognise and understand the full range of options available in Key Stage 4 and / or post 16 and HE (Aw 3.1)
· Recognise that HE is complex and competitive, offering learners great choice and requiring active and informed decision-making (Ap 3.1)
· Have an awareness of the learning environment in HE and student life (Ac 3.1)
· Recognise different HE pathways and options (e.g. FT/PT, home or away etc) (Aw 4.4)
· Recognising the various entry requirements and routes to HE (Ap 4.1)
· Identification and application to a post 16 option (Ap 4.2)
· Recognise the skills and qualifications required for chosen HE pathway (Aw 5.1)
· Understand the HE application process (Ap 5.1)
· Understand the significance of the choices made (Ap 5.2)http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Progression-Framework.pdf
Unlimited (50% of learners must be Aimhigher Plus)
Our cancellation policy applies. Visit this website below for more information: http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/aimhigher-plus/events-and-activities/
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 4 (Students aged 14-16)
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 5 (Students aged 16-18)
This event is delivered online
Minimum number of students: