This in-school workshop will allow learns to learn all the need to knows about university and student finance. This workshop will cover everything from university lifestyles to accommodation, from budgeting to societies.
PLEASE NOTE: This event is only available to certain schools
To check your school qualifies click here
, find your school by name and then search for this event.
If this event is not listed, then your school is not eligible for this event.
Full Event Details:
Looking for an opportunity to bring campus to classroom? This engaging workshop will allow students to get a better feel and understanding for life at university. This workshop will cover studying at university, choosing a course, accommodation, budgeting, student finance and sports and societies.
2, 7, 8
Learning Objectives (Linked to the Aimhigher Plus Progression Framework Learning Outcomes):
- Feel motivated and confident to succeed in school (As 3.1)
- Recognition of the opportunities that may arise from attending HE (Ac 4.2)
- Identify the potential career options following participation in HE (Aw 5.3)
- Recognise that HE is complex and competitive, offering learners great choice and requiring active and informed decision-making (Ap 3.1)
- Have an awareness of the learning environment in HE and student life (Ac 3.1)
- Feel motivated and confident to progress to post 16 option (As 4.1)
- Recognise different HE pathways and options (e.g. FT/PT, home or away etc) (Aw 4.4)
- Recognising the various entry requirements and routes to HE (Ap 4.1)
- Recognise the skills and qualifications required for chosen HE pathway (Aw 5.1)
- Understand the financial support available for students in HE and the means to access this (Aw 5.2)
- Understand the HE application process (Ap 5.1)
- Understand the significance of the choices made (Ap 5.2)
- Develop and submit a strong HE application (Ap 5.3)http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Progression-Framework.pdf
Unlimited (at least 50% of learners must be Aimhigher Plus)
Our cancellation policy applies. Visit this website below for more information: http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/aimhigher-plus/events-and-activities/
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 4 (Students aged 14-16)
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 5 (Students aged 16-18)
We can deliver this event at your school or college. Please contact us
to arrange a date.
Minimum number of students: