The day will be tailored to expose young people to opportunities and experiences that will increase their social, intellectual and cultural capital.
PLEASE NOTE: This event is only available to certain schools
To check your school qualifies click here
, find your school by name and then search for this event.
If this event is not listed, then your school is not eligible for this event.
Full Event Details:
This experience will be offered to 16-18 year olds and will be held on Saturday 1st of May. It will involve taking a group of students by coach to Stratford-Upon-Avon for the day, to enjoy a student friendly city not too far from Birmingham and Warwick. Students will get the opportunity to visit the RSC and get an exclusive tour of the theatre and exhibitions. During their lunch, they will enjoy an informal sit-down meal at Nando’s, before an afternoon full of activities. Firstly, students will visit the UK’s only mechanical art and design museum. After this, students will have the chance to view the beautiful river and canals of Stratford by boarding a canal boat.
Learning Objectives (Linked to the Aimhigher Plus Progression Framework Learning Outcomes):
- Feel motivated and confident to succeed at Higher Education (As 5.1)
- Recognise the skills and qualifications required for chosen HE pathway (Aw 5.1)
- Understand the financial support available for students in HE and the means to access this (Aw 5.2)
- Achieve the grades required at level 3 to progress to HE (At 5.1)
- Prepared for a successful transition to HE study and life as a student (Ac 5.2)http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Progression-Framework.pdf
20 (100% of learners must be Aimhigher Plus)
Our cancellation policy applies. Visit this website below for more information: http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/aimhigher-plus/events-and-activities/
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 5 (Students aged 16-18)
Minimum number of students: