The day will be tailored to expose young people to opportunities and experiences that will increase their social, intellectual and cultural capital.
PLEASE NOTE: This event is only available to certain schools
To check your school qualifies click here
, find your school by name and then search for this event.
If this event is not listed, then your school is not eligible for this event.
Full Event Details:
This experience will be offered to 16-18 year olds and will be held on Saturday 27th March. It will involve taking a group of students by coach to Nottingham for the day, to enjoy a student friendly city not too far from Birmingham. Students will get the opportunity to view Nottingham Trent University and meet their current students. During their lunch, they will enjoy an informal sit-down meal at Nando’s, before an afternoon full of activities. Firstly, students will visit the Olympic sized Nottingham Ice Centre and will enjoy over an hour of ice skating. After this, we will head over to the Galleries and Justice and City of Caves, where the students will explore the prisons and courtrooms, followed by a tour through the caves under the city.
Learning Objectives (Linked to the Aimhigher Plus Progression Framework Learning Outcomes):
- Feel motivated and confident to succeed at Higher Education (As 5.1)
- Recognise the skills and qualifications required for chosen HE pathway (Aw 5.1)
- Understand the financial support available for students in HE and the means to access this (Aw 5.2)
- Achieve the grades required at level 3 to progress to HE (At 5.1)
- Prepared for a successful transition to HE study and life as a student (Ac 5.2)http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Progression-Framework.pdf
30 (100% of learners must be Aimhigher Plus)
Our cancellation policy applies. Visit this website below for more information: http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/aimhigher-plus/events-and-activities/
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 5 (Students aged 16-18)
This event is delivered online
Minimum number of students: