This Cultural Capital Day will provide students an opportunity to learn some science in a workshop on site at UCB and then venture into the city to explore. Ideal for students who may be nervous in such an environment to experience this in a gradual way.
PLEASE NOTE: This event is only available to certain schools
To check your school qualifies click here
, find your school by name and then search for this event.
If this event is not listed, then your school is not eligible for this event.
Full Event Details:
Birmingham City Centre is a busy environment that some pupils may have never experienced. This is an excellent opportunity for students who may not have experienced Birmingham City Centre to experience the hustle and bustle of the UKs second city. The day will take a science theme including an interactive session delivered at UCB, followed by exploration of one of Birmingham’s top cultural experiences. All in all this will be a fun filled day that’s not to be missed!
Learning Objectives (Linked to the Aimhigher Plus Progression Framework Learning Outcomes):
• Feel motivated and confident to succeed at Higher Education (As 5.1)
• Recognise the skills and qualifications required for chosen HE pathway (Aw 5.1)
• Understand the financial support available for students in HE and the means to access this (Aw 5.2)
• Achieve the grades required at level 3 to progress to HE (At 5.1)
• Prepared for a successful transition to HE study and life as a student (Ac 5.2)http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Progression-Framework.pdf
30 (100% of learners must be Aimhigher Plus)
Our cancellation policy applies. Visit this website below for more information: http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/aimhigher-plus/events-and-activities/
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 4 (Students aged 14-16)
This event is delivered at our institution on the following date(s):
19th June 2021
Minimum number of students: