This series of webinars will be hosted by an Aimhigher member of staff with guest speakers sharing their personal experiences. There are sessions available for Maths, English and Science, that can be offered as individual sessions or back to back (1hr).
PLEASE NOTE: This event is only available to certain schools
To check your school qualifies click here
, find your school by name and then search for this event.
If this event is not listed, then your school is not eligible for this event.
Full Event Details:
Looking for an opportunity to link classroom learning to the world of work? Join us online for a hosted webinar, where Maths, English and Science will take centre stage. These bite size sessions include Labour Market Information for the industries related to students, Core Subjects, personal journeys from employees in the relevant field and ideas of pathways into the variety of careers available. Please get in touch to arrange this opportunity, as Aimhigher are fully flexible to suit your school timetable and curriculum.
2, 4, 7
Learning Objectives (Linked to the Aimhigher Plus Progression Framework Learning Outcomes):
• Feel motivated and confident to succeed in school (As 3.1)
• Feel motivated and confident to progress to post 16 option (As 4.1)
• Recognise different HE pathways and options (e.g. FT/PT, home or away etc.) (Aw 4.4)
• Recognise the skills and qualifications required for chosen HE pathway (Aw 5.1)
• Identify the potential career options following participation in HE (Aw 5.3)
• Recognise the importance of succeeding at school (At 3.1)
• Recognise that GCSE and post 16 qualifications are required to access HE (At 3.2)
• Develop the commitment and study skills to perform well (At 4.2)
• Recognise that HE is complex and competitive, offering learners great choice and requiring active and informed decision-making (Ap 3.1)
• Have an awareness of the learning environment in HE and student life (Ac 3.1)
• Recognition of the opportunities that may arise from attending HE (Ac 4.2)http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Progression-Framework.pdf
Unlimited (50% of school's learners must be Aimhigher Plus)
Our cancellation policy applies. Visit this website below for more information: http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/aimhigher-plus/events-and-activities/
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 4 (Students aged 14-16)
This event is delivered online
Minimum number of students: