Join us in our new virtual event that gives students the opportunity to explore careers in the Health sector. Hear from academics and current students from roles including Medicine, Dentistry, Diagnostic Radiography, Radiotherapy, Operating Department Practitioner, Occupational Therapy, Optometry, and much more. Learn about the different
PLEASE NOTE: This event is only available to certain schools
To check your school qualifies click here
, find your school by name and then search for this event.
If this event is not listed, then your school is not eligible for this event.
Full Event Details:
The Careers in Health event introduces students to what options are available if they are interested in making a difference. Students will participate in sessions delivered by various academics and students. Hear from academics and current students from roles including Medicine, Dentistry, Diagnostic Radiography, Radiotherapy, Operating Department Practitioner, Occupational Therapy, Optometry, and much more. Taking a closer look into what they could study at university and what their future could look like.
Students will get an insight of all the different careers from the unknown to the typical routes and have the opportunity to ask questions and gain advice from current students.
9, 10, 11, 12, 13
2, 4, 5, 7
Learning Objectives (Linked to the Aimhigher Plus Progression Framework Learning Outcomes):
• Recognise that HE is complex and competitive, offering learners great choice and requiring active and informed decision-making (Ap 3.1)
• Have an awareness of the learning environment in HE and student life (Ac 3.1)
• Recognise and understand the full range of options available in Key Stage 4 and / or post 16 and HE (Aw 3.1)
• Understand the necessity of HE for progression to certain careers (Aw 4.2)
• Recognise different HE pathways and options (e.g. FT/PT, home or away etc) (Aw 4.4)
• Identification and application to a post 16 option (Ap 4.2)
• Recognition of the opportunities that may arise from attending HE (Ac 4.2)
• Feel motivated and confident to succeed at Higher Education (As 5.1)
• Identify the potential career options following participation in HE (Aw 5.3)http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Progression-Framework.pdf
Unlimited (50% or no less than the school's % of learners must be Aimhigher Plus)
Our cancellation policy applies. Visit this website below for more information: http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/aimhigher-plus/events-and-activities/
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 4 (Students aged 14-16)
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 5 (Students aged 16-18)
This event is delivered online
Minimum number of students: