Royal Birmingham Conservatoire or Creative Arts undergraduates will work with local schools and colleges, providing a one-to-one mentoring programme with students in years 9 to 13 who are interested in pursuing a career in the arts. This mentoring can also be delivered virtually.
PLEASE NOTE: This event is only available to certain schools
To check your school qualifies click here
, find your school by name and then search for this event.
If this event is not listed, then your school is not eligible for this event.
Full Event Details:
Royal Birmingham Conservatoire or Creative Arts undergraduates will work with local schools and colleges, providing a one-to-one mentoring programme with students in years 9 to 13 who are interested in pursuing a career in the arts.
Each session will be tailored to the student’s interests with personalised advice and guidance of their next steps. Sessions can also include audition preparation or portfolio support. The sessions will raise awareness of career options and develop any skills needed for a career in the arts.
This mentoring programme is specifically for students who intend to have a careers in the arts. It can also be delivered virtually.
9, 10, 11, 12, 13
2, 4, 7, 8
Learning Objectives (Linked to the Aimhigher Plus Progression Framework Learning Outcomes):
• Feel motivated and confident to succeed in school (As 3.1)
• Recognise that HE is complex and competitive, offering learners great choice and requiring active and informed decision-making (Ap 3.1)
• Have an awareness of the learning environment in HE and student life (Ac 3.1)
• Feel motivated and confident to progress to post 16 option (As 4.1)
• Understand the finance support available whist attending HE (Aw 4.3)
• Recognise different HE pathways and options (e.g. FT/PT, home or away etc) (Aw 4.4)
• Recognition of the opportunities that may arise from attending HE (Ac 4.2)
• Identify the potential career options following participation in HE (Aw 5.3)
• Recognise the skills and qualifications required for chosen HE pathway (Aw 5.1)http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Progression-Framework.pdf
N/A (100% of the school's learners must be Aimhigher Plus)
Our cancellation policy applies. Visit this website below for more information: http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/aimhigher-plus/events-and-activities/
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 4 (Students aged 14-16)
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 5 (Students aged 16-18)
We can deliver this event at your school or college. Please contact us
to arrange a date.
Minimum number of students: