The objective of these sessions for local schools is to help support the pupils in conducting research on their chosen subject for their Extended Project Qualification (EPQ). Sessions are delivered by the BCU Library team. We are open to running live sessions virtually over a period of weeks.
PLEASE NOTE: This event is only available to certain schools
To check your school qualifies click here
, find your school by name and then search for this event.
If this event is not listed, then your school is not eligible for this event.
Full Event Details:
This is an all-day session based at Birmingham City University library. The programme includes
• Getting to know an academic library
• Sources of information
• Evaluating sources of information
• Plagiarism and the importance of referencing
During the EPQ, they will learn to:
• manage – identify, design, plan, and complete a project (or task within a group project), applying organisational skills and strategies to meet their stated objectives
• use resources/research – obtain and select information from a range of sources, analyse data, apply it relevantly, and demonstrate understanding of any appropriate connections and complexities of their topic
• develop and realise – use a range of skills, including using new technologies, to solve problems, to take decisions critically, creatively and flexibly, and to achieve their aims
• review – evaluate the outcome, including their learning and performance.
This event can be delivered virtually on request.
2, 7, 8
Learning Objectives (Linked to the Aimhigher Plus Progression Framework Learning Outcomes):
• Feel motivated and confident to succeed at Higher Education (As 5.1)
• Achieve the grades required at level 3 to progress to HE (At 5.1)
• Develop and submit a strong HE application (Ap 5.3)http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Progression-Framework.pdf
30 (50% or no less than the school's % of learners must be Aimhigher Plus)
Our cancellation policy applies. Visit this website below for more information: http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/aimhigher-plus/events-and-activities/
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 5 (Students aged 16-18)
This event is delivered at our institution. Please contact us
to arrange a date.
Minimum number of students: