An empowering event that gives students an opportunity to experience careers and HE in STEM, Politics, Sports and Business through a carousel of different interactive sessions. Students will also have the opportunity to meet inspirational women within each field.
PLEASE NOTE: This event is only available to certain schools
To check your school qualifies click here
, find your school by name and then search for this event.
If this event is not listed, then your school is not eligible for this event.
Full Event Details:
This Female Empowerment Event will allow female students to gain a valuable insight into careers in business, STEM, politics and sport. Throughout the day, students will meet inspirational women currently working within each field. This event will also provide students with sessions around the importance of confidence, empowerment and determination in their studies and chosen careers.
2, 4, 5, 7
Learning Objectives (Linked to the Aimhigher Plus Progression Framework Learning Outcomes):
- Feel motivated and confident to succeed in school (As 3.1)
- Recognise and understand the full range of options available in Key Stage 4 and / or post 16 and HE (Aw 3.1)
- Recognise the importance of succeeding at school (At 3.1)
- Feel motivated and confident to progress to post 16 option (As 4.1)
- Understand the necessity of HE for progression to certain careers (Aw 4.2)
- Recognition of the opportunities that may arise from attending HE (Ac 4.2)http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Progression-Framework.pdf
30 (at least 50% of learners must be Aimhigher Plus)
Our cancellation policy applies. Visit this website below for more information: http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/aimhigher-plus/events-and-activities/
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 4 (Students aged 14-16)
This event is delivered at our institution on the following date(s):
20th May 2021
Minimum number of students: