Want to engage your Year 9/10 students to push themselves beyond their perceived limits? Engage students through a series of physical challenges which link back to their educational pathway.
PLEASE NOTE: This event is only available to certain schools
To check your school qualifies click here
, find your school by name and then search for this event.
If this event is not listed, then your school is not eligible for this event.
Full Event Details:
In this exciting and highly engaging event, pupils push themselves out of their comfort zones to build self-confidence whilst also considering their own educational pathways. The event consists of:
1. Target setting – Exploring through drawing, pupils discover where their comforts lie but also realise that targets must be beyond this in order to truly push themselves and reach their individual career goals. This session underpins the following sessions and ensures that activities undertaken link back to personal and educational growth.
2. The Leap of Faith - Help students overcome their fears by jumping off a platform and attempting to touch a giant space hopper ball.
3. Climbing the ‘Wall of Success’ – Student's climb up rock wall and collect their educational qualifications on the way.
4. Bouldering - in a ‘rope free’ climbing experience young people take on various climbing routes knows as ‘problems’. Get students to use their problem solving skills to find the best route forward.
Learning Objectives (Linked to the Aimhigher Plus Progression Framework Learning Outcomes):
- Feel motivated and confident to succeed in school (As 3.1)
- Recognise and understand the full range of options available in Key Stage 4 and / or post 16 and HE (Aw 3.1)
- Recognise the importance of succeeding at school (At 3.1)
- Feel motivated and confident to progress to post 16 option (As 4.1)
- Recognise how post 16 choices impact on future progression (Aw 4.1)
- Understand the necessity of HE for progression to certain careers (Aw 4.2)http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Progression-Framework.pdf
36 (at least 50% of learners must be Aimhigher Plus)
Our cancellation policy applies. Visit this website below for more information: http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/aimhigher-plus/events-and-activities/
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 3 (Students aged 11-14)
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 4 (Students aged 14-16)
This event is delivered on the following date(s), see description for venue:
29th June 2021
13th July 2021
Minimum number of students: