This taster day is for students considering either studying Law at university or for those considering a career in a legal profession. Students will take part in a range of interactive activities to discover their interests.
PLEASE NOTE: This event is only available to certain schools
To check your school qualifies click here
, find your school by name and then search for this event.
If this event is not listed, then your school is not eligible for this event.
Full Event Details:
This taster will give you an insight into what it’s like to be a lawyer. Through a range of interactive activities, such as speaking in court and giving legal advice, you’ll get to decide which legal profession is for you. After this taster day you’ll know the difference between a solicitor and a barrister, you’ll also be informed about a host of other professions within the legal sector, such as policing and criminology.
2, 4, 5, 6, 7
Learning Objectives (Linked to the Aimhigher Plus Progression Framework Learning Outcomes):
- Recognise how post 16 choices impact on future progression (Aw 4.1)
- Understand the necessity of HE for progression to certain careers (Aw 4.2)
- Achieve the GCSE grades required to progress to post 16 and HE (At 4.1)
- Identify the potential career options following participation in HE (Aw 5.3)
- Understand the HE application process (Ap 5.1)http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Progression-Framework.pdf
50 (no less than the school's % of learners must be Aimhigher Plus)
Our cancellation policy applies. Visit this website below for more information: http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/aimhigher-plus/events-and-activities/
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 5 (Students aged 16-18)
This event is delivered at our institution. Please contact us
to arrange a date.
Minimum number of students: