A Student Life Taster Day is a chance for prospective students to have an experience of University Life.
PLEASE NOTE: This event is only available to certain schools
To check your school qualifies click here
, find your school by name and then search for this event.
If this event is not listed, then your school is not eligible for this event.
Full Event Details:
A bespoke day organised for your students who will take part in sessions on campus to learn about the benefits of higher education, explore the facilities, find out what it might be like to study at university and answering any worries or concerns they may have.
Student will complete a range of interactive HE related activities to gain an insight into how university students currently live, work and study.
9, 10, 11
4, 5, 6, 7
Learning Objectives (Linked to the Aimhigher Plus Progression Framework Learning Outcomes):
- Feel motivated and confident to succeed in school (As 3.1)
- Recognise and understand the full range of options available in Key Stage 4 and / or post 16 and HE (Aw 3.1)
- Recognise the importance of succeeding at school (At 3.1)
- Recognise that GCSE and post 16 qualifications are required to access HE (At 3.2)
- Recognise that HE is complex and competitive, offering learners great choice and requiring active and informed decision-making (Ap 3.1)
- Have an awareness of the learning environment in HE and student life (Ac 3.1)http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Progression-Framework.pdf
100 (no less than the school's % of learners must be Aimhigher Plus)
Our cancellation policy applies. Visit this website below for more information: http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/aimhigher-plus/events-and-activities/
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 3 (Students aged 11-14)
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 4 (Students aged 14-16)
This event is delivered at our institution. Please contact us
to arrange a date.
Minimum number of students: