A Student Life Taster Day is a chance for prospective students to have an experience of University Life.
PLEASE NOTE: This event is only available to certain schools
To check your school qualifies click here
, find your school by name and then search for this event.
If this event is not listed, then your school is not eligible for this event.
Full Event Details:
A bespoke day organised for your students who will take part in sessions on campus to learn about the benefits of higher education, explore the facilities, find out what it might be like to study at university and answering any worries or concerns they may have.
Student will complete a range of interactive HE related activities to gain an insight into how university students currently live, work and study.
4, 5, 6, 7
Learning Objectives (Linked to the Aimhigher Plus Progression Framework Learning Outcomes):
- Feel motivated and confident to progress to post 16 option (As 4.1)
- Recognise how post 16 choices impact on future progression (Aw 4.1)
- Understand the necessity of HE for progression to certain careers (Aw 4.2)
- Understand the finance support available whist attending HE (Aw 4.3)
- Recognise different HE pathways and options (e.g. FT/PT, home or away etc) (Aw 4.4)
- Achieve the GCSE grades required to progress to post 16 and HE (At 4.1)
- Recognising the various entry requirements and routes to HE (Ap 4.1)
- Identification and application to a post 16 option (Ap 4.2)
- Recognition of the opportunities that may arise from attending HE (Ac 4.2)http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Progression-Framework.pdf
100 (no less than the school's % of learners must be Aimhigher Plus)
Our cancellation policy applies. Visit this website below for more information: http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/aimhigher-plus/events-and-activities/
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 5 (Students aged 16-18)
This event is delivered at our institution. Please contact us
to arrange a date.
Minimum number of students: