A mini one hour lecture delivered in schools by academics. This session gets students to consider one of the most controversial issues in international human rights law. A real life case study.
PLEASE NOTE: This event is only available to certain schools
To check your school qualifies click here
, find your school by name and then search for this event.
If this event is not listed, then your school is not eligible for this event.
Full Event Details:
In this session, students will look at one of the most controversial issues in international human rights law by exploring the development of the death penalty in international law. Students will learn about Article 6 of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and which crimes, if any, can be subject to capital punishment. A fascinating case study.
The session will be delivered as a 1 hour mini lecture in schools.
12 - 13
2, 4, 5 and 7.
Learning Objectives (Linked to the Aimhigher Plus Progression Framework Learning Outcomes):
- To support the learner to feel motivated and confident (As 3.1)
- Recognise the importance of succeeding at school (At 3.1)
- Recognise that GCSE and post 16 qualifications are required to access HE (At 3.2)
- Recognise how post 16 choices impact on future progression (Aw 4.1)
- Understand the necessity of HE for progression to certain careers (Aw 4.2)
- Recognition of the opportunities that may arise from attending HE (Ac 4.2)
- Recognise the skills and qualifications required for chosen HE pathway (Aw 5.1)
- Identify the potential career options following participation in HE (Aw 5.3)http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Progression-Framework.pdf
50 (50-75% of learners must be Aimhigher Plus)
Our cancellation policy applies. Visit this website below for more information: http://aimhigherwm.ac.uk/aimhigher-plus/events-and-activities/
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 5 (Students aged 16-18)
We can deliver this event at your school or college. Please contact us
to arrange a date.
Minimum number of students: