Choose from one of 10 different academic workshops available
REGISTER NOW _ http://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TasterdaysNOV2016
1. Surfing the brain: Searching for the perfect wave. - In this session we will show how modern wireless devices can monitor brain waves
2. English Literature – at university and beyond – explore what studying literature at degree is like and discover the many careers English graduates pursue.
3. Sports Journalism – a hands on workshop to expand your journalism skills
4. CREATIVE WRITING – WRITE NOW! – learn about all aspects of Creative Writing and play some creative writing games
5. Trust me, I am an Engineer - in teams, you will be faced with a challenge to solve an engineering problem
6. Architectural Design - Build a Curvy Mega structure! – - you will be tasked with creating a iconic structure in the atrium in the UEL studios.
7. Computing - My App at UEL - creating an app for fellow students
8. Sports Science – Human Performance - Test your fitness in our sports science laboratory - test your reaction time, strength and lung function.
9. Migrant labour and the hop-picker’s hut – explore a live research project to build a micro-museum in the Kent countryside. Looking at historical sources create content for an exhibition
10. Who am I and why does it matter? Belonging and Identity in Modern Britain - Why do we need to feel the need to belong, yet think of ourselves as an individual?
PLUS Choose ONE personal development workshop from Future Foundation sessions:
REGISTER NOW - http://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TasterdaysNOV2016
1. Interview Skills - challenge your ability to think on your feet and express your ideas clearly is crucial in making a good impression at interview.
2. Creative Entrepreneurship - Identify the key ingredients and mind-set of and Entrepreneur, you will be challenged to come up with a real business idea which you believe in and are inspired by!
3. Community Project Development - the opportunity to work in teams to identify and plan a local project or charitable event - gain confidence, resilience, team work and project planning skills