Your Future Workshops
Taster days designed to give prospective university students the opportunity to gain invaluable knowledge in their chosen subject and the opportunity to develop their transferable skills through personal development challenges and workshops.
Full Event Details:
Choose from one of 10 different academic workshops available
REGISTER NOW _ http://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TasterdaysNOV2016
1. Surfing the brain: Searching for the perfect wave. - In this session we will show how modern wireless devices can monitor brain waves
2. English Literature – at university and beyond – explore what studying literature at degree is like and discover the many careers English graduates pursue.
3. Sports Journalism – a hands on workshop to expand your journalism skills
4. CREATIVE WRITING – WRITE NOW! – learn about all aspects of Creative Writing and play some creative writing games
5. Trust me, I am an Engineer - in teams, you will be faced with a challenge to solve an engineering problem
6. Architectural Design - Build a Curvy Mega structure! – - you will be tasked with creating a iconic structure in the atrium in the UEL studios.
7. Computing - My App at UEL - creating an app for fellow students
8. Sports Science – Human Performance - Test your fitness in our sports science laboratory - test your reaction time, strength and lung function.
9. Migrant labour and the hop-picker’s hut – explore a live research project to build a micro-museum in the Kent countryside. Looking at historical sources create content for an exhibition
10. Who am I and why does it matter? Belonging and Identity in Modern Britain - Why do we need to feel the need to belong, yet think of ourselves as an individual?
PLUS Choose ONE personal development workshop from Future Foundation sessions:
REGISTER NOW - http://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TasterdaysNOV2016
1. Interview Skills - challenge your ability to think on your feet and express your ideas clearly is crucial in making a good impression at interview.
2. Creative Entrepreneurship - Identify the key ingredients and mind-set of and Entrepreneur, you will be challenged to come up with a real business idea which you believe in and are inspired by!
3. Community Project Development - the opportunity to work in teams to identify and plan a local project or charitable event - gain confidence, resilience, team work and project planning skills
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 5 (Students aged 16-18)
Minimum number of students:
At the University of East London our mission is to prepare our students for the jobs of the future. As an award-winning university, we have been doing that proudly for over 125 years – from the 2nd Industrial Revolution through to where we are now – the 4th Industrial Revolution.
If you would like to know more, come and see us at one of our events. They provide a great opportunity for you to find out more about courses, check out our fantastic facilities and speak to current students and staff. You will have the chance to experience the University of East ... moreAt the University of East London our mission is to prepare our students for the jobs of the future. As an award-winning university, we have been doing that proudly for over 125 years – from the 2nd Industrial Revolution through to where we are now – the 4th Industrial Revolution.
The University is located in one of the world’s most multi-cultural areas. We have an exciting, inclusive and forward-thinking learning community of 18 thousand-plus students representing over 140 different nationalities.
The University of East London provides one of the top campus experiences in London, with riverside halls, world-class sporting facilities which hosted Team USA during the 2012 Olympics, and a supportive community where everyone is encouraged to become leaders, contributors to society and agents for change.
As part of our mission to produce students who will be leaders in their field, the University is working with leading global industrialists, professionals and companies to ensure our curriculum is innovative, entrepreneurial and inspirational to anyone on their higher education journey.
We have recognised that we need to produce graduates who not only have the skills but are ready to embrace jobs which have yet to be created.
If you would like to know more, come and see us at one of our events. They provide a great opportunity for you to find out more about courses, check out our fantastic facilities and speak to current students and staff. You will have the chance to experience the University of East London and meet some of those who will teach and support you through what will be a life-changing university experience.