This taster day is for students who are interested in a career in engineering. Aimed at: Level 3 learners in Year 2 at college or at school on A-level design and technology or engineering courses.
Full Event Details:
What will the students learn? At the end of this taster day, students will:
- Be aware of the various topics and course-specific content of the university’s engineering programmes
- Know what life is like on the campus
- Have heard about student life from current students at the university
- Have experienced what it is like to be a university student for the day
- Have taken part in a range of hands on workshops
What will the students do?
Students have the opportunity to take a tour of the campus while University of Greenwich students talk about what life at university is really like.
There are short talks on the university’s degree programmes and on possible future career paths for engineering graduates. In the afternoon, students have an opportunity to take part in one of a number of workshops covering various different areas of engineering.
Medway Campus 9.30am-3pm
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 5 (Students aged 16-18)
Individuals (Enquiry not required to be through a school)
Minimum number of students: