The popular Sports Taster sessions vary from field testing to lab testing. Choose either for a half day taster session, or combine the two for a full day. Field testing allows for a maximum of 50 students, lab testing allows for 20 students due to Health and Safety Restrictions.
Full Event Details:
The following tests can performed in the Physiology laboratory:
• Gas analysis to determine aerobic fitness (VO2 max) can be performed on one of your students. This will be in the form of a maximal test or a sub-maximal test on a stationary bike or treadmill.
• Body composition (using the Bod pod - our body composition assessment system)
• Bloods demonstration (haematocrit and haemoglobin concentrations within blood)
• Lung function assessment
• Wingate (anaerobic power test)
• Biodex (force dynamometer - to assess at muscular strength / performance)
• Blood pressure assessment
Lab tests are available for a maximum of 20 people only.
During this session students will perform the PWC160 Test. The PWC160 is a sub-maximal test of aerobic capacity (fitness), and is often used to assess individuals quickly, cheaply and without too much physical exertion. Students will be required to ride on a cycle ergometer (exercise bike) for several minutes at increasing workloads until their heart rate reaches 160 bpm. Following this they will be able to estimate their maximal oxygen consumption (VO2 max).PWC160 Test can accommodate up to 20 people.
Another practical option for students is to take part in a ‘Field Fitness Testing Circuit’ in the gymnasium. Typical examples of tests involved are:
• Multistage shuttle run (bleep test) to determine aerobic fitness.
• Explosive power (vertical jump and standing broad jump tests)
• Flexibility (sit & reach)
• Local muscular endurance test (press-up & sit-up tests)
• Hand grip strength
• Back and leg strength
• Shuttle sprints
• Agility test
Field Fitness Tests can accommodate up to 40 people.
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 2 (Students aged 7-11)
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 3 (Students aged 11-14)
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 4 (Students aged 14-16)
Bookings by Teachers for Key Stage 5 (Students aged 16-18)
Minimum number of students: